SOCIAL MEDIA

1982-2022 We turned 40!

MOBILE USERS Scroll down below the posts to see the menus. Last Updated Feb 2022
Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Low Carb Foods Grill it Up for Weight Loss and Overall Health


Hey! I'm using Instagram, follow me user : BigFatDaddys

Low Carb Options When Grilling

Last week I posted a photograph of a healthier meal, charbroiled chicken salad (you can see it a few up on the left) and my veggies for my salad (here on the lower right). Believe it or not I received a ton of twitter messages about it.  What's wrong with that picture?

If you asked me five years ago to post pictures of what I was eating you may not have seen a low fat low carb option. I couldn't honestly say that I didn't eat barbecue , ribs, pork, or beef seven days a week.  I'm six foot but I topped in at 360. I had a heart attack at 37 so by 44 I was pushing my second. Now, people wonder how I lost 100+ pounds. Well folks, I'm going to tell you how.

1. Increase Your Exercise 
I was never lazy and I moved around a lot. It just happened for me that I was eating more than I was burning. So I made a small change. For one, I took my little dog up there (cute huh?) and walked him each day. At first it nearly killed me trying to make it around the block a few times. By the middle of winter I was sprinting around the block and my neighbors thought I was up to something.  (Look at Big Fat Daddy run,)  I do believe this helped burned calories in addition to my usual routine. We walk together even to this very day.

2.  Choose Lower Carb Options and Cut Out Some Carbs

I listed to my pal who is a personal trainer and I cut out most bread--if I used to eat bread three times a day now I would eat it once. For dinner my big meals were salad and of course, I lived on my grill. Grilled veggies. Steamed veggies. Veggie Kabobs. Grilled Steaks.  I chose lower carb options like fish and ate my "big meals" at lunch.

3. Moderation is Key

Now I'm not going to lie, I did eat potatoes, but I ate these carbs in moderation. For instance in the past I'd make mashed potatoes and eat the whole pot in one sitting. Man, I miss that. Now I grill a mid sized potato or sweet potato and eat it that and be done with it.


Big Fat Daddys
100 Pounds Lighter with my TexasBrush.

Recipe for Weight Loss

I guess the recipe for weight loss is simple, exercise + moderation + low carb foods= Success. This site low carb foods has a lot of helpful advice.

Other Recipes for Success

You can eat more veggies in fact, maybe you want to cut out meat altogether for awhile. Eat healthy and go vegan. Hey, it's okay with me--look at this great post about  vegan stuffed peppers. This is a wonderful resource for vegans to create a one of a kind vegan stuffed pepper dish! You don't have to be a vegan to eat this healthy recipe!

Other ideas include checking out my posts for low carb options:


Whatever you do, don't give up. Weight loss is hard work! When the going gets tough, the tough get going!



Big Fat Daddy's Archive