SOCIAL MEDIA

1982-2022 We turned 40!

MOBILE USERS Scroll down below the posts to see the menus. Last Updated Feb 2022
Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Roasted Corn Cornbread Recipe and Corn Fed

roasted corn bigfatdaddys
This is my roasted corn in husk. I'm putting the original image on my new BigFatDaddys website soon so stay tuned.





Corn: Roasted, in Bread, I'm Pretty Much Corn Fed!

There's so many conflicting stories on the internet about corn. Eat it, don't eat it, it's good for you, it's bad for you blah blah blah  The truth is, I'm pretty much corn fed and as American as you can get.  I can't live without my corn.

Roasted Corn

I roast mine in the husk,  after soaking in my secret solution of Big Fat Daddy's special blend liquid to soften the kernals, then I grill at high temps in the husk. Dip that baby in butter and waaaa laaaa roasted corn from the barbie.  Great with steamed crabs too, but I'm from Baltimore, so roasted corn, heck yeah, that's an essential.

 
Cornbread : The Best Recipe from HornetsNest

I don't know if you are a little bit country of what if you can't live without cornbread. A great home cooking staple for years, cornbread goes great with Barbecue, Ribs, Chili, Stew and most other comfort foods. Somewhere between bread and dessert, Cornbread is a delicious treat that your family will love. This quick and easy cornbread recipe will have your family begging for more.


Corn Fed

I don't think this is something to be ashamed of.  I do think the best corn is the kind you grow yourself, or the kind you get from the friendly farmer that uses great organic ingredients to feed his farm and soils. Not the kind of corn that's commercially and mass produced, loaded with chemicals - now that's something to be ashamed of.  Let's look at the culture Native Americans for a minute folks. They ate animals. They grew their own corn. They lived off the land, and grew to be old and wise. Now do you think they loaded up their corn with tons of chemicals? 

Big Fat Daddy's Archive