SOCIAL MEDIA

1982-2022 We turned 40!

MOBILE USERS Scroll down below the posts to see the menus. Last Updated Feb 2022
Sunday, March 30, 2014

Salt Rub Hickory Smoke Flavor

Smoke Flavor
Just Add Smoke

I get a lot of questions about using Liquid Smoke.  I do use some of Stubb's liquid smoke sometimes but I really don't need to.  Mainly this is used at home when baking in my oven to "cheat" and get that smokey flavor.  A little dab will do you and truth be told, it's easy to overdo it and make your meat come out to salty.

bigfatdaddys
Wayne Schafer
bigfatdaddys

Professionally or on the road, my pits are using different flavor woods combined with my dry rub to reing out the flavors of the wood in the spices.  Since I grill on an "open pit" this is a little harder, so I make sure to do my ribs or pork in a "drum smoker".



big fat daddys


If you are using a pellet stove or propane grill, or just can't get the flavor out of your small home grill, I now have a solution for you. It's a hickory salt rub. You add this just like you would any dry rub.  Rub it on your meat, marinate up to 48 hours in the fridge, then grill. It's got the constancy of brown sugar, and one 4oz package will do you up to 8-10 meals if used in small amounts.

smoke salt big fat daddys



Buy it here.  Smoke Salt on Etsy




Big Fat Daddy's Archive