SOCIAL MEDIA

1982-2022 We turned 40!

MOBILE USERS Scroll down below the posts to see the menus. Last Updated Feb 2022
Sunday, February 5, 2012

Recipe Veal Meatballs Baby Cow CrockPot Cooking

bigfatdaddys
Today I'm making ginormous veal meatballs in an old style crockpot. 

You will need:
2 lbs ground veal
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
One small white onion - your goal is a yield of half cup chopped.
One small green pepper- your goal is a yield of half cup chopped.
Two Large Eggs
3 Tablespoons Garlic in Oil
1 Teaspoon Pepper
Half cup of Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Two Tablespoons Italian Seasoning (Double if you substitute un-seasoned bread crumbs)
1/4 cup Parmesean-Romano Cheese

Tomato Sauce - Enough to fill your crock pot half way.

CROCK POT PREP: 

1. In the morning I filled my crock pot half way full of my homemade tomato sauce. This came off the stove at 160F degrees and into the crock pot which is set to high. Now if you are using a can or jar sauce, it's easier to heat it in a pot first, then transfer to a hot crock pot.  *You must ensure your crock pot is at a cooking temperature.*

MEATBALL PREP:


How to Make Veal Meatballs

2. About an hour later, I cut and chop my onions and peppers, add my olive oil and gently sautee them down in my favorite Rachael Ray pan.

3. Once the onions and peppers are Al Dente', I remove from heat to allow them to cool down. 


Big Fat Daddys Veal Meatballs


4. I start to mix my other ingredients in a large Pyrex bowl.  This is where things get messy.  *Do not add your onions and peppers into this mix until they are cool.  When cool, they should look like mine do.

Recipe Veal Meatballs
I like big fat balls, these start at about 3".

5. Once your onions and peppers are added and you have thoroughly mixed them, pat into any size you want. I like mine, big and fat, so mine start large 2.5".....the larger they are the longer they will take to cook.
Veal Meatballs
Yummy Veal Meatballs

6. Cook covered on high stirring thoroughly until your meatballs have reached an internal temperature of at least 165F -- for a good ten minutes, that's what we recommend. Then you can turn your pot back to a holding temperature to hold your balls at 145°F.  The longer you hold your balls....in the sauce....the juicier they will become.

**TIP: When using veal, the fat content is less than regular ground beef,  but you may find some grease has floated to the top of your pot.

Did you like these?

You may also like:

Cynthia McLain's Meatball Recipe

Big Fat Daddy's Archive